A little background info....

I have been dealing with medical issues regarding my reproduction capability for the last three and a half years after a very bad miscarriage situation. As I was working through a difficult period one day I realized that more and more people and characters around me seem to be dealing with similar circumstances. TV shows, movies, neighbors and friends are struggling because they cannot or may not have children. This is a place to express my feelings about my situation and hopefully help someone else express theirs.

I may not know what other mothers know, but I am a mother without my child and I do what I can to cope.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Where to start?

Ok....... I am brand new to this thing and have never posted a web site or blog before so bare with me.

In 2007 I had a miscarriage in my second trimester and the complications that caused have left me with a damaged uterus and fallopian tubes as well as multiple side effects.  The infection after the miscarriage was strange and rare and took more than a year to find and diagnose and another year to cure.  I am now in month 11 of my recovery out of 26 months total.

Its hard to say what has effected me most but what I can definitely say that it has effected me.  This process has taken a toll on my marriage, my bank account, my health, my friendships, my family members, my work, my self esteem and nearly every other part of my life.  I am the type of person who handles situation, solves problems and takes control of the difficult things; having something I cannot control and cannot change or move past has been an unusual feeling.

More than anything else I hope that some of what I say helps somebody who comes across this and is in a similar situation or knows someone who is.  Airing my wounds and issues might help someone who is feeling alone or uncertain.  I know it is hard for me to ask for help.

I consider myself a mother without a child so stay tuned to see me work through that...

Please feel free to comment and pass this along to friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment