A little background info....

I have been dealing with medical issues regarding my reproduction capability for the last three and a half years after a very bad miscarriage situation. As I was working through a difficult period one day I realized that more and more people and characters around me seem to be dealing with similar circumstances. TV shows, movies, neighbors and friends are struggling because they cannot or may not have children. This is a place to express my feelings about my situation and hopefully help someone else express theirs.

I may not know what other mothers know, but I am a mother without my child and I do what I can to cope.

Friday, April 6, 2012

Five Minute Friday-Light

I am taking Gypsy Mama's idea and writing for 5 min fri.  You write for just five minutes on the topic and don't censor or correct yourself.  After five minutes post what you have.  You can then link to her page and share your post with others that are writing on the same topic.  =)

Light


Light is something I am not.  I am not happy or sunny or optimistic, I am round and heavy, and I don't do subtle well.  I sometimes forget that others don't know that about me yet when I meet new people, hence the crazy situation with some friends of ours lately.  Long story short, my body language and lack of subtlety led to a situation that got misconstrued and I could have prevented the whole thing with a light touch.  I'd rather be wearing black and in high school I was one of the goth kids.  I still am waaay into horror movies, Halloween decorating and zombie invasion escape plans.  Light has never been my thing.  The bathroom scale would agree.  I've put on a lot of weight from my medical crap and since my restrictions still keep me from most exercise I just can't get rid of that.  So for now I'm pretty heavy, hopefully we can change that.  I'd just like to be a little healthier, the size isn't the issue for me really.  I constantly expect the worst things to happen and my OCD brain gets overactive and plans for every feasible terrible thing that could ever happen.  Good side, this means that when little stuff happens I'm pretty relieved that the crazy in my head was not real, bad side however is that I do this about EVERYTHING so there is always a lot on my mind.  That probably explains some of my insomnia..... also headaches.... also therapist visits..... hmmm maybe I'm rambling now....

6 comments:

  1. My daughter lost her first child a boy. Then God gave her a girl. Her health is very bad and Doctors wondered if this was a good idea.
    We had children, then we took in a Foster Child. She was abused, but is so precious and calls me her mother. If you do not care to adopt, you might consider becoming Foster parents. A friend of ours took in foster babies while they waited for adoption. That is heart breaking too when they leave. God bless you dear one! Allow the Joy of the Lord to become your strength when you do not feel like being happy. Sadness can bring your spirit down and you must keep smiling at all costs.

    It is hard for me to smile when I see these captchas to prove that I am not a robot. I almost refuse to leave a comment when I see them, but here goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't made any real decisions about how/if we want to have children in the future but foster parenting is something I have always leaned towards. I think it would be wonderful to help children that are in need, many times the foster children need the most and get the least it seems. Until I am healthy I don't think we could handle caring for anyone other than our cats, but I keep looking for options for when a day comes where we decide what is best for us. Thank you for your input and letting me know about your experience, I really love that.

      Delete
  2. I appreciate your honesty. I will pray for you as I post - that this Easter you will be flooded with the Light Of The World - Jesus - who will also Lighten your load. Give yourself a hug. Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will hug myself, thank you. I'm glad you like my honesty, a lot of people get turned off by it. There's no way else to live though.

      Delete
  3. I appreciate your courage in being so honest. I pray for you continually even though I don't show up here often. I'm hopeful that this Easter and Resurrection Sunday will find you lighter in heart and spirit than you have been, and that Jesus, who can do all things, will lighten your burden. Follow Michelle's suggestion -- give yourself a hug and add one from me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your prayers and thoughts, I will hug myself extra for you ,)

      Delete