A little background info....

I have been dealing with medical issues regarding my reproduction capability for the last three and a half years after a very bad miscarriage situation. As I was working through a difficult period one day I realized that more and more people and characters around me seem to be dealing with similar circumstances. TV shows, movies, neighbors and friends are struggling because they cannot or may not have children. This is a place to express my feelings about my situation and hopefully help someone else express theirs.

I may not know what other mothers know, but I am a mother without my child and I do what I can to cope.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Give and Take

All relationships are a system of give and take, I really believe that when you step back and look at the transactions you've had with a person you should be able to see a balance.  Everyone needs to take more than they give sometimes and everyone gives more than they take at times.  That's just how life goes, sometimes you need to ask for a little more.  Last post I talked about all the things my job gave me, since my grandmother BC started the company, gave me the job and trained me she essentially gave me all of those things too.  There are a lot of give and take situations when it comes to BC, we spend a lot of time together for work, we spend time together as family and just enjoy one another.  The push and pull in our relationship is obvious.  Well its been a giving year so far for me in that relationship, she has given me a lot over the years in my job and otherwise and I have given back to her by being there when she needs support through her tough medical times.  (every day work stuff cancels each other out so I don't count that)  She had another set back and is back in the hospital again today unfortunately.  I just can't get these grandmas well!
My great grandmother, EE, has moved from the nursing home where she was getting mild therapy to an in patient rehab facility that is giving her standard physical therapy.  So she is doing better, not great, but is still locked up.  Just as she is starting to have some real improvement, BC gets a serious asthma attack and pneumonia and goes to the hospital late last night.  As soon as one gets a little better the other gets worst.  So we've had another day of shuffling around to get BC's work covered in the office and another day of visiting ladies in the hospital/rehab center.  Unfortunately it looks like BC needs a few days of care and they are in two different cities.  I know it really breaks her spirit to be back there and when I see either of them I just want to hug them a thousand times.
I'm starting to feel a little paranoid though.  This is the first year in the last five years that I am actually feeling a little bit better.  I am working really hard on my physical therapy and trying to change the things I can to make my back/legs better and just when I am getting some relief everyone else around me goes down.  So far this year my uncle had a heat attack, my grandfather had another stroke, BC has been in and out with back fractures, cancer scares and now this, EE had an awful stroke, my brother thinks he has another staff infection which is what led to his kidney failure last time.  Man, it has been hectic.  Is this some weird reverse karma thing where everyone who helps me gets sick or hurt?  What is going on lately?  I'm finally kinda ok and everyone else is having issues.  Maybe everyone saw that I have a little less stress lately and thought they'd fix that. 
Take your vitamins and get checked by your doctor if you've been nice to me in the past half decade because apparently that makes you a target.

No comments:

Post a Comment