A little background info....

I have been dealing with medical issues regarding my reproduction capability for the last three and a half years after a very bad miscarriage situation. As I was working through a difficult period one day I realized that more and more people and characters around me seem to be dealing with similar circumstances. TV shows, movies, neighbors and friends are struggling because they cannot or may not have children. This is a place to express my feelings about my situation and hopefully help someone else express theirs.

I may not know what other mothers know, but I am a mother without my child and I do what I can to cope.

Friday, April 20, 2012

Five Minute Friday-Together

I am taking Gypsy Mama's idea and writing for 5 min fri. You write for just five minutes on the topic and don't censor or correct yourself. After five minutes post what you have. You can then link to her page and share your post with others that are writing on the same topic. =)

Together


Thursday night is Game Night and I look forward to it like its a holiday.  Each week I wake up thinking I get to see some of my best friends tonight, just get through a few more hours of work, do the dishes because the guys are coming over.  RM and JH have been close friends with us for 7 or 8 years now, we have been through a lot together and supported one another through it all.  We tell stupid jokes and rag on each other and compete hardcore at whatever we are playing that night.  Heckling is highly encouraged.  We spend hours laughing and giggling over cards, board games, dominoes and beers.  Thursdays are the highlight of my week.  I feel so full when I lay down after those nights, all my batteries have been recharged.  JG comes over most nights and having another girl there makes it fun, occasionally someone else comes by or somebody has to work but just knowing that I get to see them each week makes me smile.  These guys are my family, sometimes better than actual family.  I'm a lucky lady to have them.  Nothing is better than seeing RM walk through the door with a hug and container full of cookie dough for me.  Seeing JH's shoes tucked under the coffee table when we leave for work Friday morning because he stayed over makes me smile.
We sit on the balcony in the breeze while the guys smoke and we tell stories about when EB was still alive and HIS game night antics, munch on whatever dessert RM brought to share and try to decide who is making the beer run.  Political discussions, childhood memories, stupid mistakes, bad ex girlfriends, how much we miss EB and our crazy parents are always brought up among the stories we tell and retell and then tell again.  It doesn't hurt that I usually win whichever game we're playing.  ')

4 comments:

  1. The game night you describe has the warmth of community--a blessing we all seek. Thanks for sharing. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to Thursday nights, too. A few ladies from my neighborhood get together and just chat and laugh. It's one of the highlights of my week. Here's to Thursday's Togetherness!

    ReplyDelete