A little background info....

I have been dealing with medical issues regarding my reproduction capability for the last three and a half years after a very bad miscarriage situation. As I was working through a difficult period one day I realized that more and more people and characters around me seem to be dealing with similar circumstances. TV shows, movies, neighbors and friends are struggling because they cannot or may not have children. This is a place to express my feelings about my situation and hopefully help someone else express theirs.

I may not know what other mothers know, but I am a mother without my child and I do what I can to cope.

Friday, March 16, 2012

Five Minute Friday-Brave

I am taking Gypsy Mama's idea and writing for 5 min fri.  You write for just five minutes on the topic and don't censor or correct yourself.  After five minutes post what you have.  =)

Brave


Brave makes me think about my family right now.  My great grandma EE is still recovering from her stroke and we are all working hard to help and support her.  Considering she had the worst kind of stroke you can have and she is 94 she is doing just amazingly well.  Considering she is the toughest lady I know and can't use her hand, face or leg and now needs help with everything she isn't doing that great.  She looks so miserable laying in bed at the nursing home we had to put her in.  She is upset that she was sent there and unhappy that she can't move around and do what she wants.  See, she lives alone in her 2 story house and does everything for herself and now all of that has changed.  I would be unhappy too.  Apparently my grandmother BC (EE's daughter) promised EE she would never put her in a retirement home.  I am trying to tell her its only temporary, she is only there because she is not ready for a rehab facility yet, they can take the best care of her and start some very light physical therapy until she is ready.  She is still unhappy though.  She is a very brave woman.  She has been through the death of her husband, all of her siblings and one of her daughters.  She still sends a birthday card to each and every person she has ever known and her very large extended family.  She makes quilts and afghans and rugs and works hard to stay in touch with everyone by spending hours on the phone.  She is a brave brave woman to move through the life she has had so far.  Yesterday, while she was telling me about dating my late great grandpa and how he used to take her dancing I couldn't help but tear up.  She still loves him so much after all the years it has been, it must really hurt not to have him each day.
I have not even said anything about my brave grandma BC who is spending all day by her mother's side to feed and help her.  BC, by the way, just learned how to walk again after being in the hospital for months with 3 fractures in her back.  I come from a line of brave, tough, feisty women.  I'm pretty proud of them.

6 comments:

  1. I come from a line of brave, fiesty women too....it's a good legacy to leave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is bravery, spoken in love. So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And by your bio it looks like you are carrying on the family tradition. I pray that - perhaps through adoption - you will be able to leave that spirit with some other young daughter and/or son.
    In His Love,
    Felecia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much I appreciate you sending those wonderful thoughts to me.

      Delete