A little background info....

I have been dealing with medical issues regarding my reproduction capability for the last three and a half years after a very bad miscarriage situation. As I was working through a difficult period one day I realized that more and more people and characters around me seem to be dealing with similar circumstances. TV shows, movies, neighbors and friends are struggling because they cannot or may not have children. This is a place to express my feelings about my situation and hopefully help someone else express theirs.

I may not know what other mothers know, but I am a mother without my child and I do what I can to cope.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Catch Up

I haven't posted much since early December and what I have posted has not been very informative so I thought I'd do a little catch up session with what is all going on.

The week before christmas I had to have another last minute micro-surgery to close up the rips in my scar tissue and was not allowed to drive or lift anything.  TB was still hunched over and couldn't do much of anything and was at this point using a 'cane' (an upside down golf club) to get around.  This meant that our wonderful families chauffeured us around all weekend long.  My brother picked us up with ALL of our gifts since we were not able to get back to the house for 2 days and took us to my grandparents' house on my dad's side.  We had a very nice holiday with no fighting or craziness.  My sweet mother in law AB picked us up and took us down the road to her sister's place for festivities with that side of the family.  We spent a nice night eating food and opening gifts and sitting by the fireplace.  Mostly, we sat on the couch groaning and everyone else did those things around us, but it worked.  We spent the night at AB's and stayed up late watching a really great black and white movie that I don't remember the name of now and had a very nice night before we fell asleep on the couches.  We awoke to coffee brewing and the tree twinkling with lights because AB had tiptoed around and made everything extra festive while we were sleeping.  -she's so cute.  That morning was lovely opening gifts with AB, my brother in law BB and TB.  We had a very nice intimate little christmas morning that was just perfect.  After getting dressed and piling our haul of goodies in AB's car, she dropped us off at my other grandmother's house on her way out of town.  We sat on the couch and enjoyed a much noisier and busier holiday at that house.  There are 16 of us on that side and the youngest cousins are still 6 and 8 so there are lots of loud toys and fun stories and 'what did Santa bring you' questions.  We had some brunch/lunch and took turns opening our gifts one by one.  We have always had a rule over there that you open gifts one at a time going youngest to oldest so everyone can see what everyone else got.  This tradition has grown since me, both of my brothers and my cousin now bring their husband/fiances/girlfriend to the get together.  So now we sit through 5 or 6 rounds of 16 gifts each and it can take a while lol.  Once all the floor had been covered with paper and small toys and gifts everyone was stuffed full, my brother AG and his girlfriend took us home and I paid them for helping us put the gifts away and cleaning up the house a little.  We both laid down, took our pain meds and went to sleep.  It was a pretty nice time.

This was only supposed to be a small section of my post and has now grown pretty long so I think I will continue the rest next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment