A little background info....

I have been dealing with medical issues regarding my reproduction capability for the last three and a half years after a very bad miscarriage situation. As I was working through a difficult period one day I realized that more and more people and characters around me seem to be dealing with similar circumstances. TV shows, movies, neighbors and friends are struggling because they cannot or may not have children. This is a place to express my feelings about my situation and hopefully help someone else express theirs.

I may not know what other mothers know, but I am a mother without my child and I do what I can to cope.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Some More Catching Up

The doc is coming back to Texas sometime in March and we will be doing the final evaluation (again) to see the progress of my meds and all the procedures on my uterus.  When we do this we will have an idea of where things are on the recovery schedule and what is going on.  Last time we have a 'final' evaluation (I'd just like to point out how annoyed I am every time he calls it that, I get its at the end of the recovery program but it cannot be final if this is number 2) he decided I could still get better and I was healthy enough for another round.  So I guess my options would be, quit, recovery is over, I am healthy enough for another session or I can move on to the ACTUAL final step in this long long long process.  It has been like 4 years you guys.  Soooo there's that pressure coming. 

The pain in my legs and feet has gotten much much worst over the last months so I was sent to get x rays and an MRI.  The MRI found 2 bulging discs and 2 deteriorated discs, so ouch.  I was sent to a back doctor who checked me out and sent me to physical therapy first and decided we'd see how that went.  I also got some new meds (yay) and was told to try those.  They help my leg pain but I can't keep food down so its a 50/50 sort of thing.  Physical therapy however, has really been helping.  I have been going to Core Physical Therapy twice a week for almost 2 months now and I can really feel the difference.  The doctor laughed when I told him I was excited that although I still have bad pain every day I do not have as much shooting paid or numbness and I could sleep through the night better.  I guess pain every day is not a good thing but any improvement is great to me.  The ladies at Core are great, they are really gentle and helpful and they listen which is wonderful.  A lot of places can get too focused on an end point and push too hard too fast and my body just can't do that.  I am very slow going but I am improving.  The pain in my feet and calves has moved to my hips, thighs and back which is technically a good thing because it has to move up to move out.  I try extra hard to do my stretches at home every day and do anything I can to get better.    So more doctors, more pills, more stuff to do but some results.  So overall things are going pretty well in that area I'd say.

No comments:

Post a Comment