A little background info....

I have been dealing with medical issues regarding my reproduction capability for the last three and a half years after a very bad miscarriage situation. As I was working through a difficult period one day I realized that more and more people and characters around me seem to be dealing with similar circumstances. TV shows, movies, neighbors and friends are struggling because they cannot or may not have children. This is a place to express my feelings about my situation and hopefully help someone else express theirs.

I may not know what other mothers know, but I am a mother without my child and I do what I can to cope.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Damn Lucky -also I ramble

You know those overbearing, nosy, rude, stereotypical mother in laws that are always on TV and movies (like Monster in Law or Everybody Loves Raymond)?  Well folks, I am so lucky that mine is the opposite of those fictional ladies in every way.  We spent this weekend celebrating a friend's birthday with her and her boyfriend and some friends.

-I have to take a second and explain the odd family dynamics of that party so you get whats going on.  TB met AF at work 7 or 8 years ago when he was a full fledged member of the Starbucks Cult and we all became good friends.  Knowing AF, we soon got to know his dad TF and as he's into the same music and sports and frequented the same bars we went to we got to be very good friends with TF.  AF was MIA for a couple of years and is now back full force.  While he was gone we spent a lot of time with his dad and found out he was getting separated, I thought he'd be great for my MIL and so we got them together so they could become friends.  We invited her to watch the games and see the bands with us that she already liked so they had a good time hanging out with us.  (TF tells us with love sick grin that they met watching game six of the NBA championship last year, obviously the same day they won the title.)  They hit it off and started texting and hanging out and several months later they have plans to move in together when his lease is up.  -aaawwwwwwww

TF and AB are dating, TB and I are married, AF and CS are dating, TF is AF's dad, AB is TB's mom.  To complicate things a little more TF is very good friends with me and TB, AF is good friends with me and TB also and CS is one of our tenants at work.  phew.

Soooo, TB and I went to The Man Cave -aka TF's place- for AF's bday to celebrate with the above mentioned people.  It was a blast, too much fun to even describe here.

But, my original point, my MIL is awesome.  She is sweet and fun to hang out with I am comfortable when its just us or the whole family.  She is always there with helpful advice but has never ever given it to me unless I asked for it.  She is just a wonderful person.  At the party this weekend CS commented that she thought it was sweet that I call her Mom.  She really is my mother, I'm just lucky enough to have two.  It got me thinking however, about the day we told her I was pregnant.  Now if you don't remember, we were engaged but not married yet and it was a big big surprise so we were nervous to let the parents know because we were still pretty young at 20 and 21.  She was surprised but very supportive and excited.  I can remember as we were walking down the path to leave later that night I gave her a big hug and told her thank you using her name.  She put her hands on my small belly and said, ' Well you might as well call me Mom.  You know, if you want to.'  Teary and with a big grin I hugged my new Mom again and I've called her that ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment