A little background info....

I have been dealing with medical issues regarding my reproduction capability for the last three and a half years after a very bad miscarriage situation. As I was working through a difficult period one day I realized that more and more people and characters around me seem to be dealing with similar circumstances. TV shows, movies, neighbors and friends are struggling because they cannot or may not have children. This is a place to express my feelings about my situation and hopefully help someone else express theirs.

I may not know what other mothers know, but I am a mother without my child and I do what I can to cope.

Friday, October 8, 2010

Everyday tasks

This week I freaked out and had a mini meltdown in Target.  They just rearranged the one by my place so I don't know where everything is and I was looking at the neat Nick and Nora pajamas with the dancing skeletons on them when I accidentally wandered into the kids section.  I suddenly found myself surrounded by tiny Longhorns jerseys, baby onesies and Halloween costumes that were so cute.  I was tearing up touching all the soft fabric and the teeny clothes that fit in my hand and wondered if I would ever get to shop in that section for myself. 
In a moment of clarity I decided to get away from those items and look at something that would make me happier, shoes.
I considered buying a pair of super tall black heels that I would probably rarely wear and tried to decide if i wanted rain boots that were big enough to fit over my sneakers or not.  Then as I turned to walk down the next aisle with a small smile starting on my face, I was face to face with the tiniest Converse shoes I had ever seen and it all started again.  I sat on the floor between the shoe aisles and cried like an idiot at Target.

I find it is the everyday tasks I try to do that hurt the most.  When I am working or laughing or doing something mundane and unexpectedly I am reminded that the thing most people take for granted as an inevitable part of their life may never be mine.  Or worst, a specific situation or expression from my husband will sit in my brain and force me to relive something I never wanted to go through.

Its the little things....

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you had to go through this. It seems like babies and baby stuff are everywhere when you're dealing with this kind of thing, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea it def feels that way. I appreciate your support =)

    ReplyDelete