A little background info....

I have been dealing with medical issues regarding my reproduction capability for the last three and a half years after a very bad miscarriage situation. As I was working through a difficult period one day I realized that more and more people and characters around me seem to be dealing with similar circumstances. TV shows, movies, neighbors and friends are struggling because they cannot or may not have children. This is a place to express my feelings about my situation and hopefully help someone else express theirs.

I may not know what other mothers know, but I am a mother without my child and I do what I can to cope.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Your children will be evil

Feeling crappy again today and in pain so I thought I'd think about something happier.

We are throwing a big Halloween party this weekend and I am going as Regan from The Exorcist.  This made me think about children's names.  My husband was recently watching Pet Semetary and thought that Gage was short for Gagery  (you know, like Gregory, he says to me lol)  This made me think of children's names again. 
For a while I have always thought if I had kids I would want to name them Damion, Reagan and Gage.  Yes, Damion is the kid from The Omen.  Yes, I want to name my children after creepy/possessed/undead/murderous children from horror movies I love.  Some may think its a little strange but I love those names separate from the movies and also happen to love the movies.  (I'm a big horror movie fan)

So I told my mom this a couple years ago and she laughed and told me if I name my kids that my children will be evil.  Which cracked me up.  I was thinking about that this week and it made me laugh again so I thought I'd share.  My mom named one of her sons after a rapist from a soap opera and he turned out just fine lol.  Actually he turned out better than fine so maybe the reverse psychology thing works with names too.  My mom says it always worked on me since I'm so stubborn lol.

Do you think thats strange?

No comments:

Post a Comment