A little background info....

I have been dealing with medical issues regarding my reproduction capability for the last three and a half years after a very bad miscarriage situation. As I was working through a difficult period one day I realized that more and more people and characters around me seem to be dealing with similar circumstances. TV shows, movies, neighbors and friends are struggling because they cannot or may not have children. This is a place to express my feelings about my situation and hopefully help someone else express theirs.

I may not know what other mothers know, but I am a mother without my child and I do what I can to cope.

Monday, November 8, 2010

Wicked

I was reading Wicked this weekend and it brought back a memory from a couple years ago.  My husband (then fiance) and I went to go see the musical Wicked because his lovely Aunt MN gave us her tickets when she could not go.  It was a really great musical and we both really enjoyed it.  But the most vivid part of that memory is feeling like a family with my belly protruding and smiles on our faces.
When I found out I was pregnant I was really nervous to tell anyone, not for the usual reasons young unmarried couples are nervous however, we have very supportive families and friends.  I was nervous because I felt from the beginning that something wasn't right and I just didn't want to tell everyone.  I had an overwhelming feeling that something was going to go wrong.  So at the time of the Wicked excursion we weren't telling people yet.  When we went though, I ended up wearing a shirt that was kind of tight across my stomach and my cute belly stuck out in that round, high, obviously pregnant way and it was a nice feeling.  We didn't hide it, we felt like we could relax a little.  Some stranger even commented on how happy we looked to be expecting.  It was a nice feeling. 
We ended up losing the baby just a couple weeks after we started telling people so that happy feeling was a rare moment I remember fondly.  I really did enjoy the feeling of being pregnant.  =(

No comments:

Post a Comment