A little background info....

I have been dealing with medical issues regarding my reproduction capability for the last three and a half years after a very bad miscarriage situation. As I was working through a difficult period one day I realized that more and more people and characters around me seem to be dealing with similar circumstances. TV shows, movies, neighbors and friends are struggling because they cannot or may not have children. This is a place to express my feelings about my situation and hopefully help someone else express theirs.

I may not know what other mothers know, but I am a mother without my child and I do what I can to cope.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Freaking Lifetime

I had a blast at our annual Halloween party on Saturday night and stayed up super late chatting with old friends so Sunday I laid around and watched TV.  During commercials of the epic fail that is the Dallas Cowboys this season I was watching Hush Little Baby on Lifetime.  I don't know if you watch Lifetime movies but they are crazy and a big joke in my family.  They are always about murder or sex or cancer or some strange mystery or mistresses or stalkers or just something crazy.  Many are terrible (Mother, may I sleep with danger?  -actual title) but a lot are not bad, especially the newer ones.  The annoying part is that they suck you in and then you can't stop watching them cause they make no sense.  Yesterday my husband actually told me to stop flipping back to one of the football games so we could finish the end of a particularly crazy movie.  Like I said, they suck you in.
So this movie yesterday is about a mother who's child died when she was very young.  Its starts as she is pregnant with the second baby a while after the death of the first.  Well, after she has the second baby she ends up with postpartum depression which escalates to psychosis which is centered around the idea that she thinks her new baby is a reincarnated version of the first child and wants to kill her because she let her die.  She ends up going really crazy and killing some people and slicing her sister up and going into a mental hospital for a while.  But throughout the movie she keeps seeing this ghostly version of her daughter following her around saying 'you killed me mommy'  which, if you have read previous posts, you know that I have a similar delusion.  So now I think I've gone nuts because I can see my child following me around and although he does not say I killed him, my heart does, and his eyes ask me why.  So yea, I've cracked up.  Psych ward, here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment