A little background info....

I have been dealing with medical issues regarding my reproduction capability for the last three and a half years after a very bad miscarriage situation. As I was working through a difficult period one day I realized that more and more people and characters around me seem to be dealing with similar circumstances. TV shows, movies, neighbors and friends are struggling because they cannot or may not have children. This is a place to express my feelings about my situation and hopefully help someone else express theirs.

I may not know what other mothers know, but I am a mother without my child and I do what I can to cope.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

November

I had this theory a couple years ago and after 4 straight years in a row that prove it I think it has become a fact.  When November 1st hits every single year things instantly get craaaazy and they stay that way until February 28th/29th.  March 1st brings me some peace.  on 11/1 my work instantly gets more difficult, less people pay, more people move, we deal with more and more stupid stories about why the rent is late.  Most people seem to get exponentially grumpier and stay that way until lovely 3/1 comes along.  My boss, who is also my grandmother, seems to take this sickness on in heaps.  Though, I admit that as soon as Halloween is over I am grumpy until its warm.  Not because I don't like cool weather, it just seems to go that way.  When I start planning Thanksgiving and winter holidays I feel scrooge-y and alternately happy.  Annoying emotions.  Christmas carols make me homocidal.  We have to clear out files at work and that always lasts from December through January and sometimes beyond.  I have to deal with 1099's, tax forms and all the other end of the year accounting crap that sucks.  I go between blowing everyone off to being upset we can't see everyone and back again.  I feel guilty cause I can't buy all the people I want to all the things I want to get them but then get upset when someone EXPECTS me to spend a certain amount.  Nov-Feb is expensive and a huge hassle all the way around.  It doesn't help that Texas weather is crazy and on xmas eve you have to pick out 2 outfits to wear the next day, one you wore to the beach in August and one that covers every inch of your skin in 8 layers of fleece.  Everything metal, and some things plastic, at my office begin shocking me any time I not only touch them but walk near them. 
It is just crazy around here lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment