A little background info....

I have been dealing with medical issues regarding my reproduction capability for the last three and a half years after a very bad miscarriage situation. As I was working through a difficult period one day I realized that more and more people and characters around me seem to be dealing with similar circumstances. TV shows, movies, neighbors and friends are struggling because they cannot or may not have children. This is a place to express my feelings about my situation and hopefully help someone else express theirs.

I may not know what other mothers know, but I am a mother without my child and I do what I can to cope.

Friday, November 5, 2010

Fun Fun Evenings with no babies and no babysitters

My dad's birthday was a few weeks ago but his present is dinner and a local hockey game with my parents, my husband and me.  We are going to a delicious place called Village Burger Bar in Watters Creek and after that we are going to see the Allen Americans minor league team play.  I have to say that I grew up watching hockey with my dad, who is the biggest Blackhawks fan, and we went to watch the Hawks and Stars play for years.  I guess I'm just a little hockey-snobby because when I went to see this team play for the first time last year I laughed.  I have never seen so many hockey players laying on the ice.  They fell down CONSTANTLY.  lol  They must have been good or had a tiny division because they made it to the playoffs last year.  Either way I'm excited and its gonna be fun.  After the game I am driving to Waco with my friend CZ to see our other friend BAM for the weekend.  I feel slightly bad that I am leaving for the whole weekend one of the first times my husband is home on the weekend since he changed jobs but I'm sure that won't last.  =)  We'll get used to that. 

So since I'm in a pretty positive mood today I was thinking.  I can do all these things fairly easily because I have no children to think about and no babysitter to coordinate.  I can buy tickets with no idea if someone else can watch the kids and leave for the weekend without possible tears from babies.  I get a nice evening and a fun weekend.  Add this to the list of things I can do since I don't have any children.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment