A little background info....

I have been dealing with medical issues regarding my reproduction capability for the last three and a half years after a very bad miscarriage situation. As I was working through a difficult period one day I realized that more and more people and characters around me seem to be dealing with similar circumstances. TV shows, movies, neighbors and friends are struggling because they cannot or may not have children. This is a place to express my feelings about my situation and hopefully help someone else express theirs.

I may not know what other mothers know, but I am a mother without my child and I do what I can to cope.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Memories

My husband did a nice favor yesterday and drove my grandmother to her doctor's appointment since it was rainy here.  He had to take her to the hospital where her Dr practices and drop her off.  Unknowingly he had to go to the same hospital where we found out I was losing the baby.  Now TB does not like to talk about what happened and gets very upset when I say something even close to the subject so you can imagine how surprised I was when at around 11 last night he says he hopes he doesn't have to take her back to the hospital any time soon because it made him really sad.  We haven't been there since our visit with our Dr, we thought we were going to hear the heartbeat and see a sonogram for the first time and instead we found a lifeless body on the screen and silence.  I can remember sitting in the parking lot crying and calling my mom.  She is the most maternal person I know and was soooo happy to hear I was pregnant and although I know she was very sad she was so supportive when we told her what happened.  We drove to my parents' house after the Dr and we cried and hugged and talked, I'm very lucky to have them.  I don't remember all of that evening but I do remember waking in the night to miscarry, that was the most painful thing I have ever experienced.
My poor husband was sad all day after visiting the site of our disappointment.  Its the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment