A little background info....

I have been dealing with medical issues regarding my reproduction capability for the last three and a half years after a very bad miscarriage situation. As I was working through a difficult period one day I realized that more and more people and characters around me seem to be dealing with similar circumstances. TV shows, movies, neighbors and friends are struggling because they cannot or may not have children. This is a place to express my feelings about my situation and hopefully help someone else express theirs.

I may not know what other mothers know, but I am a mother without my child and I do what I can to cope.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Where did this begin?

I was thinking the other day about how much I have enjoyed putting my feelings out there with this blog and was remembering some of the reasons I started it.  The biggest reason was really to train my brain and get it in good shape for when we want to try for kids in a while but there were other small reasons.  And the tipping point, the reason that really made me decide yes let's do it, its a pretty dumb reason but I thought I would reflect.  I was watching Friends last night and Ross was trying to convince Chandler to get on their alumni web page and chat and he says, "Great, a faster way to tell people I am unemployed and childless."  It may be stupid but that comment is really what made me think, you know, this is a good idea just do it mwc.  I know it is a tv show but if you look at tv there are a lot of characters that seem to have reproductive issues, you may say its more dramatic and that we have moved away from the Leave it to Beaver type of family on tv but I really think that it has a lot to do with art imitating life.  I think this is more prominent on tv because people are having more trouble in life.  Think about it and name some characters that have had trouble, there are quite a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment