A little background info....

I have been dealing with medical issues regarding my reproduction capability for the last three and a half years after a very bad miscarriage situation. As I was working through a difficult period one day I realized that more and more people and characters around me seem to be dealing with similar circumstances. TV shows, movies, neighbors and friends are struggling because they cannot or may not have children. This is a place to express my feelings about my situation and hopefully help someone else express theirs.

I may not know what other mothers know, but I am a mother without my child and I do what I can to cope.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Its here.

So today I have another medical trial where I take the experimental drugs they give me and have contractions all weekend.  I cannot be alone for more than a moment because they are so strong and dangerous and you know, experimental.  If something does happen to me and I go to the ER I'm supposed to call my Dr right away because the EMTs won't even know what I have taken or what is going on.  Wow.  Mwc guinea pig.  So I am incredibly nervous and I want things to go well the first time.  Did I mention that there might be a second round on Monday?  No?  Oh well, there might be a second round on Monday.  If this doesn't work the first time I have to get another pill (that is not in the trial and I have to pay an exorbanent amount for) and do it all over again.  Yea, nervous.  I will be in intense pain every few minutes until Sunday night and I can't have anything other than ibuprofen for it.  I will also be exhausted and irritated most of the rest of the time simply because I am essentially going through labor and not getting a child at the end of the weekend.  FOR THE SECOND TIME.  Yea, I have done this once before so I know whats coming.  I also have to take my temperature every 2 hours which makes sleeping very difficult.  We have to set an alarm to go off every 2 hours and my insomnia does not like that.  I wake up for 3 minutes to take my temp, write it down, then cannot sleep for another hour, wake back up very soon and it just keeps going. 

I have to say though that this really reminds me that I have to be the luckiest lady ever because I have such great support.  My mom SG is coming over Sat morning to sit with me and babysit while TB helps his mom move into her new place.  Then KA is coming over in the afternoon to relieve her and the wonderful CZ will be there in the evening.  CZ will be back on Sunday while TB has an appointment and my grandparents LG and RGS will be there too.  HB is bringing me her amazing curry caserole that I cannot wait for and RBL is bringing dinner over as well.  I am so grateful to have such a wonderful team of people around me.  JBU has already called to try and keep me calm and I know that LG bought new candles to light for me.  My dad RG will be crossing his fingers with everybody else.  LG and SG mentioned they might bring some food too and SG said she plans on bringing posters to color and markers and apparently CZ has a 'bag of random fun' lol.  I have to be the luckiest lady alive.
I hope I deserve all the great people in my life because they certainly deserve someone awesome.  And my sweet husband TB has had such a hard time dealing with all of this but he still managed to stay in on St Patrick's Day while I was at the hockey game to clean the house, wash the sheets and get things ready for today.  He is also depositing our checks and grocery shopping today before my trial and making some food so my babysitters and I have plenty while he isn't there.  It has been hard seeing him so upset and I really want this to work for him almost more than for myself.

So here goes nothing, the countdown has started and at 3p this afternoon I will be with my doc (that flew in from TN btw) getting the run down of my possible side effects.  Monday I will get tests and biopsies and sonograms and x rays and they will figure out if it worked so keep all of your fingers crossed this weekend.  I'll need them. 
Oh why x rays you ask?  Didn't I tell you?  My doc also thinks there is something wrong with my spine so they are doing x rays to figure out if I have some nerve damage on Monday.  Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment