A little background info....

I have been dealing with medical issues regarding my reproduction capability for the last three and a half years after a very bad miscarriage situation. As I was working through a difficult period one day I realized that more and more people and characters around me seem to be dealing with similar circumstances. TV shows, movies, neighbors and friends are struggling because they cannot or may not have children. This is a place to express my feelings about my situation and hopefully help someone else express theirs.

I may not know what other mothers know, but I am a mother without my child and I do what I can to cope.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

DAMN THESE HORMONES!!!!

I am currently taking hormones to help my healing process, apparently I have always had low estrogen and estrogen helps your uteran muscles stay healthy so pumping me full of hormones like a milking cow seems like the right idea.  I have been on them for a while now, a couple of years aaaaaa

....ahem I'm sorry guys, our cute redheaded locksmith just walked in to talk to me and I got a little distracted.  Let me get back on track.....ok I think I'm good.

I have been taking these hormones for a couple of years actually and although I have definitely evened out since I first started taking them, I can see a marked difference from my emotions now and a few years ago.

The famous story about the first week I started them was when TB made a joke one night about taking my blanket from me and I burst into tears.  He just looked at me wide eyed and stuttered that he didn't know what was going on.

I guess you also have to know, if you don't know me in person, that I am not a very emotional person.  I don't really get mushy or sad or romantic or hurt that easily.  And I rarely cry.  My emotions pretty much range from silly, excited, happy, tired, melancholy, angry and really really pissed.  I'm a simple girl.

-Man, I am full of interruptions today.  Can you tell I am scattered today?

Well.... what this whole post was supposed to be about.....
I have gotten a couple of really nice messages from friends, acquaintances and even one or two from strangers about how much they have liked reading my blog and how they hope I do well and that they are struggling themselves and like to know other people are going through things too.  One theme I seem to get from everyone though, is that I am brave.  Brave.  Ok even typing that makes me get a little glassy eyed.  After these last years of feeling anything but brave, hearing that other people think that about me makes my eyes tear up just a little.  Ugh vomit.  I do not like crying.  But I do like the people who say nice things to me so I guess I'll just blame it on the hormones.  And in case you didn't know, everyone who deals with reproduction trouble and doesn't go on a killing spree is brave as well.  =)

Its worth noting, I think, that I am taking 4 times the generally prescribed amount just to get me to one level higher than most women.  So three of those pills are just to get me to catch up with everyone else.  The last one puts me just ahead.  Ugh vomit some more.

Oh, and you know those SPCA commercials with that awful Sarah McLaughlin song?  Those make me cry too.  TB actually changes the channel when they come on because I sob and try to convince him to go to the shelter and rescue all of the animals.  Yea.  I hate those hormones.

2 comments:

  1. "Everyone who deals with reproduction trouble and doesn't go on a killing spree is brave as well." HAHA! BEST LINE EVER.

    ReplyDelete