A little background info....

I have been dealing with medical issues regarding my reproduction capability for the last three and a half years after a very bad miscarriage situation. As I was working through a difficult period one day I realized that more and more people and characters around me seem to be dealing with similar circumstances. TV shows, movies, neighbors and friends are struggling because they cannot or may not have children. This is a place to express my feelings about my situation and hopefully help someone else express theirs.

I may not know what other mothers know, but I am a mother without my child and I do what I can to cope.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Interogation tactics

Each month when I evaluate I tell myself I want to blog a little more and get a little more out but each day when I decide to sit down and do it three new projects fall in my lap.  Seeing that I don't have a computer at home I have to find time during my work hours to blog and there just isn't a lot of wiggle room there.  So again, its been 4-5 days with no posts and I can't seem to remember what I wanted to say yesterday, today so then I just lose patience.


Enough of that.

My next challenge goal is to make a list of questions for my husband by the 10th, which is a week from today.  Because I think my TB deserves a little privacy I don't think I will list my questions on this blog.  I think I will make a regular paper list and just use that for our discussion.  Some of our questions will probably be personal and I think he may not want all of that broadcasted, especially since he doesn't read this and has a wild imagination and who knows what he'll think I put up if he knows I put SOMETHING up here.  Gotta love my husband but he sure is crazy.  I have been thinking a lot about the best way to discuss our questions for each other when we get to that point though, I think I may express that part here.  Should one person get it all out?  Should we match up similar questions and address those together at once?  Should we switch off and each throw out one question then answer another?  Would it be best to treat this as a conversation or a q & a?  What would work for us?  Difficult stuff if I over think and over analyze it into a million damn pieces and stress myself about what we are doing and why and what it will accomplish.

And on that subject, loving my husband that is, things seem to be going pretty well lately.  Since being required to hold my hand any time I was standing, walking or moving when the ice storm hit us, he has enjoyed holding my hand since the temp rose.  He holds my hand to the car each night after we lock up the office and gives me a big grin and tells me, 'You know, I like holding your hand when you're not threatening to fall down.'  I'm telling you word for word he says that every day and I can even tell you which sidewalk square he grabs my hand at and which one he turns to me to say that on as well.  He is definitely predictable.  But its really sweet.  Sometimes I think he forgets marriage can be fun and not all hard terrible awful work and sacrifice.  So we've been working on being nicer to one another and it has been good.
I'm sure it seems odd to TRY to be nice to your significant other but once you are together for years, live together, and/or get married, sometimes you take it for granted and get too comfortable.  Making an effort to be nice makes things a little easier when life is not nice.  It has also helped immensely that we are on similar schedules now and we get to see each other a lot so there is not guilt or requirement on our choices about our time.  Learning to be your own person but take in account that your life directly affects someone's else CONSTANTLY can be hard.  Seeing a pin hole of light at the end of my LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG medical tunnel we've been going through is helpful as well.  I seem to be getting better overall (even if it minute and oh so slow) less shots, less meds and less pain is helping us both.

I guess I'm feeling pretty positive today.

No comments:

Post a Comment