A little background info....

I have been dealing with medical issues regarding my reproduction capability for the last three and a half years after a very bad miscarriage situation. As I was working through a difficult period one day I realized that more and more people and characters around me seem to be dealing with similar circumstances. TV shows, movies, neighbors and friends are struggling because they cannot or may not have children. This is a place to express my feelings about my situation and hopefully help someone else express theirs.

I may not know what other mothers know, but I am a mother without my child and I do what I can to cope.

Monday, March 7, 2011

Good news you say?

So, now that I have come to terms with the fact that the doctor has good news for me, I can finally talk about what it is.  Well as you know, I had to have a small surgery last week to fix one of my tubes.
......

Looking back to double check that I had shared that incident with my blog, it seems I haven't.  Here's a quick overview of what has happened.

I had to have mini surgery last Wednesday because one of my fallopian tubes was bleeding.  It wasn't punctured, which is good, but one of my scars ripped open and it was bleeding some.  My doc flew in from Tenn. to do the quick surgery and perform 80,000 tests to see what happened and why.  He told me that if they could not figure out why it started to bleed I could not to the medical trial I am scheduled for later this month.  That would suck because then they would have only 3 months to come up with a WHOLE NEW TRIAL IDEA and test it out and get it to work on me.  (if you are confused, my doctors told me in Dec that I had 6 months before my muscles started to atrophy and quit moving forever, causing me then to have a hysterectomy)  So we were anxious to know what was going on.  The surgery was easy, I did it before work one day and he said it was the same thing as putting a camera in your stomach to burn an ulcer closed, mine just wasn't an ulcer.

Ok, let's try this again. 
So I got good news, it turns out that my tube started to bleed last week because my muscles are trying to move!!!!  So they are finally doing what we want them to do.  Sort of.  It seems that the scar was torn because my muscles were twitching instead of contracting like we want.

Yes yes, my uterus was twitching.  I heard it, I know its crazy but it is unfortunately true.

We figured out why I started to bleed and I can continue with my trial this month.  Yay!  -wait, did I just cheer because I get to have 3 days worth of pain and suffering?  Wow, I need to get this medical stuff over with I am getting crazy guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment