A little background info....

I have been dealing with medical issues regarding my reproduction capability for the last three and a half years after a very bad miscarriage situation. As I was working through a difficult period one day I realized that more and more people and characters around me seem to be dealing with similar circumstances. TV shows, movies, neighbors and friends are struggling because they cannot or may not have children. This is a place to express my feelings about my situation and hopefully help someone else express theirs.

I may not know what other mothers know, but I am a mother without my child and I do what I can to cope.

Friday, May 13, 2011

Five Minute Friday-Deep Breath

Once again I am taking Gypsy Mama's idea and writing for 5 min fri.  You write for just five minutes on the topic and don't censor or correct yourself.  After five minutes post what you have.  =)

Deep Breath.

Deep breath is something I say throughout my entire day.  I'm in pain, take a deep breath.  I'm feeling guilty, take a deep breath.  I just want to crawl into bed and never leave, take a deep breath.  I'm feeling anxious, upset, overwhelmed or excited.  Take a deep breath.

I have always felt that taking that second just to calm yourself and stop that stream of consciousness makes all the difference.  I spend a lot of time in my head, a lot of time thinking and planning and worrying.  That breath saves me every time.  Sometimes I need two.  When my husband or my mom get upset and I want to help calm them, take a deep breath.  Clear your head, think about what you're saying and doing and don't let your emotions rule your life.  Generally my breath is accompanied by 'you can get through this' my secret mantra.  Pushing myself to get through the struggles of medical problems, dr visits, marriage issues, crazy family members and a stressful job is a constant in my life.  I struggle with physical and mental disorders that can keep me depressed or weak and I push myself to get through those things in life with a deep breath.  Sometimes that is all you need to take that first step.  In a life where I constantly spend all of my tainted time and energy on other people that I love, that second of deep breath is the me time I need to realize I can do it, I can get through it and it will be alright somehow.

2 comments:

  1. Prayers, hugs and lots of well wishes for you today. Thank you for being so transparent and open for your 5 minutes today. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you I really appreciate that. I hope your weekend is wonderful too. =)

    ReplyDelete