A little background info....

I have been dealing with medical issues regarding my reproduction capability for the last three and a half years after a very bad miscarriage situation. As I was working through a difficult period one day I realized that more and more people and characters around me seem to be dealing with similar circumstances. TV shows, movies, neighbors and friends are struggling because they cannot or may not have children. This is a place to express my feelings about my situation and hopefully help someone else express theirs.

I may not know what other mothers know, but I am a mother without my child and I do what I can to cope.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Getting Excited

I am really looking forward to the next step I have to take for my challenge, getting my memorial tattoo.  I have been looking all over at lots of stuff because while I already have an idea of what I want, I just think it needs a little something extra.  A lot of people have babies with wings, foot or hand prints and I'm just not sure those are right for me.  My idea so far is one of two hearts that look like they were torn out of blue construction paper.  Maybe a date or something to go with it.  I just don't know.  I plan to put it on the inside of my right ankle, opposite from my EB memorial tatt (which is a clover with a halo).  I really like the symbolism of the clover and that it is personal to EB and not generic.  Its fun and interesting.  I have lyrics from Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd on the outside of my right leg above my clover for both my baby and my best friend that I lost in that same month.  So far I am happy with my (8) tattoos and want to be really sure I am happy with this one.  I want it to be just right.  I may need a little time to get it figured out but my deadline is the end of June for sure.  I need to mess around with some design ideas and get the right thing going.  I have an artist I really like and usually he can take my crude cave drawings and turn it into beautiful art.  I just need some more time.

2 comments:

  1. Cool!! My friend has a tattoo of those Christian fish on her wrist, one for each child, and one in a different color for the one she lost. I love it. Another friend has her son's name (who she lost too) written in script on her wrist. Again. Beautiful. Personally, I think that's the only time I'd get a tattoo - that kind of loss is permanently a part of you, so I have no problem making that permanent on my skin. I'll bet it'll turn out great! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both of those ideas, especially the fish in another color. I def need to think about it so its perfect. I always make sure my tattoos are something meaningful that I could always have with me, not a fan of picking something off the wall cause its cool. I'll post pics once I get it done.

    ReplyDelete