A little background info....

I have been dealing with medical issues regarding my reproduction capability for the last three and a half years after a very bad miscarriage situation. As I was working through a difficult period one day I realized that more and more people and characters around me seem to be dealing with similar circumstances. TV shows, movies, neighbors and friends are struggling because they cannot or may not have children. This is a place to express my feelings about my situation and hopefully help someone else express theirs.

I may not know what other mothers know, but I am a mother without my child and I do what I can to cope.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Character Review: Miranda Hobbs and Steve Brady

Miranda and Steve date on and off several times in Sex and the City and in the end live happily married in a lovely home with an adorable redheaded son.  During an off period for their relationship Steve learns he has testicular cancer and Miranda does what she can to comfort her friend.  She even goes with him to look at prosthetic testicles after one of his gets removed.  Miranda has found out previously that she has a 'lazy ovary' and is unlikely to be able to produce an egg for fertilization.  They have unexpected sex one day and Miranda find herself pregnant and worries about what to do.  She goes as far as to schedule an abortion appointment but changes her mind at the last minute.  She decides keeping the baby is what she really wants and becomes a caring mother who, I personally think, is a great role model for other mothers.  She works, spends time with her child, and still enjoys adult conversation with her friends.  She is able to have a child and not let it change her much.  So one ball plus one ovary sometimes equals a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment