A little background info....

I have been dealing with medical issues regarding my reproduction capability for the last three and a half years after a very bad miscarriage situation. As I was working through a difficult period one day I realized that more and more people and characters around me seem to be dealing with similar circumstances. TV shows, movies, neighbors and friends are struggling because they cannot or may not have children. This is a place to express my feelings about my situation and hopefully help someone else express theirs.

I may not know what other mothers know, but I am a mother without my child and I do what I can to cope.

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Character Review: Frank and Alice Buffay

Frank and Alice meet as student and teacher in high school and later decide to get married.  Although Frank's sister Phoebe and all of the Friends think this is unwise initially, by the end of the episode they are all supportive and happy.  Once the couple gets married they reveal that they have been trying to have a baby since they got engaged and are unable to.  They then, ask Phoebe to be the surrogate for their baby.  After a lot of thought and conferring with her birth mother who also gave birth and then gave up the baby, she decides to do it to make them happy.  She ends up pregnant with only one in vitro session and finds out she is having triplets.  In the end its hard to give them up but she is happy that she did it.  Later in the season however, you find out that Frank and Alice are completely overwhelmed with three children and are having a very tough time.

-side note-
My mom has already volunteered to be my surrogate mother and I know if I ever said yes she would be at the doctor in a second. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment