A little background info....

I have been dealing with medical issues regarding my reproduction capability for the last three and a half years after a very bad miscarriage situation. As I was working through a difficult period one day I realized that more and more people and characters around me seem to be dealing with similar circumstances. TV shows, movies, neighbors and friends are struggling because they cannot or may not have children. This is a place to express my feelings about my situation and hopefully help someone else express theirs.

I may not know what other mothers know, but I am a mother without my child and I do what I can to cope.

Friday, May 27, 2011

Five Minute Friday-Forgetting

Once again I am taking Gypsy Mama's idea and writing for 5 min fri.  You write for just five minutes on the topic and don't censor or correct yourself.  After five minutes post what you have.  =)
On forgetting.....

Forgetting is something that drives me crazy.  I don't like when people forget stuff, I especially don't like it when I forget things.  I have multiple lists and calendars and reminders all over my life to keep my schedule straight, my bills straight and my life straight.  On the other hand though, forgetting drives me crazy when I cannot forget.  Sometimes I look at my dad and all I can think about it the horror of his abusive alcoholic rages.  But you wouldn't know that stuff had ever happened if you look at us now.  I cannot seem to forget the feelings I had when I lost my child.  I cannot seem to forget a moment of that May when I lost not only my baby but my best friend.  I cannot forget looking into my husband's eyes when he tried to tell me EB had killed himself.  I cannot forget my doctor's face when she said I had miscarried or the years of medical crap that ensued after that.  I spend so much time trying not to forget so I can hold my life together that sometimes I forget to relax.  I forget to put myself first and take care of the things I want to do.  I forget that I cannot effectively help others without first helping myself.

Plus, I hate it when people forget stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment