A little background info....

I have been dealing with medical issues regarding my reproduction capability for the last three and a half years after a very bad miscarriage situation. As I was working through a difficult period one day I realized that more and more people and characters around me seem to be dealing with similar circumstances. TV shows, movies, neighbors and friends are struggling because they cannot or may not have children. This is a place to express my feelings about my situation and hopefully help someone else express theirs.

I may not know what other mothers know, but I am a mother without my child and I do what I can to cope.

Friday, December 31, 2010

Scared out of my mind but feeling strong

Ok so today is December 31st and last night I finished my list for my 6 month mental health challenge.  I have to tell you that I am happy to have this finished but scared to death about almost every step, especially the first one.  This is the outline of my plan and I will evaluate every month to see if I need to add, change, delete or rearrange any of my steps.  Here goes.

1/10  Tell people I have a blog.  I have only told a few close friends so I am going to do something crazy scary and post it on facebook.  (Did you just hear a scream from across town?  Yes yes you did because I'm terrified.  Its gonna take a lot of coaxing to make my fingers do it.)


1/20  Make a list of fears.  I realized that I'm scared of a lot of things in the baby/pregnant/parent area and I plan to write this down so its at least out of my head and I can start to deal with it.


1/31 Evaluate.


2/10  Say my fears out loud to another person.  AHhH!!!!!!!! Scary.  Again.


2/20  Discuss my fears with someone/people.  I thought maybe a couple different people might be good so I could get some different opinions but I at least need to discuss this with someone.  Out loud.  Scary.


2/28  Evaluate.


3/10  Make a list of questions for TB.  (My husband and I don't really talk about this very much and I know we are both still very hurt from it so we agreed to make a list of questions, sans the BIG 'when' question, and talk to each other.)


3/20  Babysit someone's kid or kids.  I think this would help us, I know it would help me, and I love all my friends' kids.  =)  (looking for volunteers to enjoy an afternoon or evening out alone)


3/31  Evaluate.


4/10  Talk about questions with TB.  We will exchange questions and answer honestly.


4/20  Tell someone new about the miscarriage.  This one scares me but I think its a good idea, my husband is smart.


4/30 Evaluate.


5/10  Talk about my fears with TB.  I think giving myself time to rationalize all my fears is good before I overload my husband with all my craziness.  He has also agreed to talk about his which is HUGE.


5/20  Look into a support group.  I think maybe talking to some other people who have gone through similar medical trauma would help me put mine in better perspective


5/31  Evaluate.


6/10  Get a tattoo.  This is another suggestion from my husband.  I have wanted for a while a tattoo that symbolizes my baby and it would be a nice thing to actually do.


6/14  Assess my mental health, decide on a new 6 month plan and discuss the baby plan with TB. 

Yikes.  Seems to simple and sooooo hard.  Gonna need some help with a few of these.  If you feel like you want to you are welcome, I certainly don't expect you to if you don't want though.

Oh man, this is gonna be tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment