A little background info....

I have been dealing with medical issues regarding my reproduction capability for the last three and a half years after a very bad miscarriage situation. As I was working through a difficult period one day I realized that more and more people and characters around me seem to be dealing with similar circumstances. TV shows, movies, neighbors and friends are struggling because they cannot or may not have children. This is a place to express my feelings about my situation and hopefully help someone else express theirs.

I may not know what other mothers know, but I am a mother without my child and I do what I can to cope.

Friday, April 22, 2011

Character Review: Charlotte York from Sex and the City

A theme I seem to see around me, and something I have brought up here before, is that more and more characters on tv and in movies are having reproductive issues.  I thought I would highlight some of those characters throughout my blog just to show how many there really are.  I will start with perky, poised Charlotte from Sex and the City.

Charlotte wanted nothing more than to find a perfect husband, have a perfect baby and live a perfect Park Avenue life.  When she met Trey, a handsome and cultured doctor, she knew she was on the right track.  Although their sex life was an initial problem that caused a separation, eventually they both wanted to try for a baby.  They tried for a while and had trouble conceiving so then looked into fertility testing.  They found out that Charlotte had a very low chance of ever having a baby and most likely would not be able to conceive on her own.  They tried hormones and fertility techniques that inevitably pushed Trey away.  His desire was not great enough to endure the hardships that came with having a baby for them.  This is what ended their marriage.  Charlotte's divorce lawyer however, was full of desire for Charlotte and they started a fling.  Their fling turned to dating and then into love.  They try for a baby naturally and get pregnant only to lose the baby shortly after.  They work hard at adoption and after many disappointments they receive a little girl.  And later on she gave birth to another little girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment