A little background info....

I have been dealing with medical issues regarding my reproduction capability for the last three and a half years after a very bad miscarriage situation. As I was working through a difficult period one day I realized that more and more people and characters around me seem to be dealing with similar circumstances. TV shows, movies, neighbors and friends are struggling because they cannot or may not have children. This is a place to express my feelings about my situation and hopefully help someone else express theirs.

I may not know what other mothers know, but I am a mother without my child and I do what I can to cope.

Friday, April 8, 2011

The Good The Bad and The Ugly

Otherwise known as JBU, mwc and my uterus.


So my awesome friend JBU is having a baby, I'm sure you've seen that here before, she announced it to everyone on her facebook and posted a sonogram photo.  It was pretty cool looking.  I have never seen one where the baby is so clear so early, she's at 3 months now.  It filled me full of emotional juices and warmth that tried leaking out my eyes but I would not let it!  I instead suppressed my hormonal need to cry at how excited I was for her and instead ate my sushi.

Oddly enough I had a sonogram the same day she did though my results looked much different.  Seeing her picture reminded me of my own and how strange it was.  They take periodic sonograms so they can see how my uterus has changed and if is shifting and just to double check that there aren't any new infections.  I usually get at least two, the first one is just my uterus as is all scrunched up and folded and crazy looking.  It sort of looks like a long slab of beef that has been balled up and left out on the counter.  The second sonogram is one of my inflated uterus so they can see everything.  Strangely enough, this looks every more odd.  You know those bouncy balls they have in big bins at like Wal-mart?  And the balls all look like someone half ass spray painted stripes onto them?  No?  Hmmm....  It sort of looks like a large zebra striped balloon in shades of pink and red.  When my uterus is inflated you can see large striations everywhere and you can see tons of scars and scar tissue masses.  I imagine this is what mars looks like sometimes.  So while JBU was looking at her hiccuping baby I was looking at the wasteland that is my empty uterus.  Aggravating how life syncs up sometimes.  Ugh!  There go my juices again.  Suck it up mwc, you're on the road to recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment