A little background info....

I have been dealing with medical issues regarding my reproduction capability for the last three and a half years after a very bad miscarriage situation. As I was working through a difficult period one day I realized that more and more people and characters around me seem to be dealing with similar circumstances. TV shows, movies, neighbors and friends are struggling because they cannot or may not have children. This is a place to express my feelings about my situation and hopefully help someone else express theirs.

I may not know what other mothers know, but I am a mother without my child and I do what I can to cope.

Friday, August 26, 2011

Five Minute Friday-Older

Once again I am taking Gypsy Mama's idea and writing for 5 min fri.  You write for just five minutes on the topic and don't censor or correct yourself.  After five minutes post what you have.  =)
I'm catching up on ones I have missed.


Older....
I am a year older than my husband and we constantly tease each other about the age difference.  I always ask him if he's old enough to drink and he calls me his sugar mama.  That difference makes a huge difference sometimes though.  When I was starting college he was dating a 'co-ed' and still in high school.  When I was finding a part time job that would filter into my career goals he was aspiring to be a waiter instead of a bus boy.  When he says we can wait a few years for children I start to count how close to 30 that is.  That one short year turns into a very large chasm sometimes.  Others I don't even notice it.  It astonishes me the cultural references he doesn't get because he was too young while I was only a year older and remember is clearly.  That gap can be pretty frustrating when it feels like we have two different maturity levels but I know that the different perspectives are what really matter and help show the other person a different view of things.

3 comments:

  1. Now imagine an 8 year difference. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It normally takes a little longer for the guy to reach the expected maturity level, but sometimes it is the other way around. :P
    I've been there once and... it wasn't pretty at all! Hahaha but I believe it is possible to work around things if only both are willing to give it a try. Love does, indeed, conquer all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol thats true Mary you guys are much farther apart than we are

    Felipe, it is def possible and I'm lucky to have someone who wants to work it out with me.

    ReplyDelete