A little background info....

I have been dealing with medical issues regarding my reproduction capability for the last three and a half years after a very bad miscarriage situation. As I was working through a difficult period one day I realized that more and more people and characters around me seem to be dealing with similar circumstances. TV shows, movies, neighbors and friends are struggling because they cannot or may not have children. This is a place to express my feelings about my situation and hopefully help someone else express theirs.

I may not know what other mothers know, but I am a mother without my child and I do what I can to cope.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Five Minute Friday-Home

Once again I am taking Gypsy Mama's idea and writing for 5 min fri.  You write for just five minutes on the topic and don't censor or correct yourself.  After five minutes post what you have.  =)
Home.....

(I am aware I'm late and its not Friday)

I find myself slipping and calling my office home and my parents' house home as well as my own apartment.  When it comes out I immediately groan because I either work so much that I feel like I live at the office and call it my home or I am so used to living in the same house with the same dynamic for 16 years that I call my childhood home my home now.  Being a part owner of this business gives me a lot of pride and sense of ownership here so I guess its not that bad to spit out home by accident and my parents' place was my home for a huge part of my life and I have only lived on my own for five years and that isn't much compared to the time spent there.
When I call work or my parents' place home I get aggravated because they represent two things in my life that I want very badly to get past.  My family is a group of entrepreneurial people that like to work hard and long hours to make the business they started grow.  On the other side of that, we are all workaholics.  I always swore I would be the type of person that can put work aside while I am on vacation and not take the office home with me each night.  Calling work home just reminds me how hard that is.  Especially when the business does so much for me, I feel obligated to do my best to be flexible even in my off hours.
When I call my parents' house home it reminds me of the often unhealthy situations and family dynamic I grew up in.  Although I love my family very much and have lots of fun and happy memories with them, our day to day lives were a big struggle.  When I go to my actual home I feel sick and out of control because its probably not very clean and I usually curl up in bed tired.

When I'm in a good mood home makes me think of my cats and my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment