A little background info....

I have been dealing with medical issues regarding my reproduction capability for the last three and a half years after a very bad miscarriage situation. As I was working through a difficult period one day I realized that more and more people and characters around me seem to be dealing with similar circumstances. TV shows, movies, neighbors and friends are struggling because they cannot or may not have children. This is a place to express my feelings about my situation and hopefully help someone else express theirs.

I may not know what other mothers know, but I am a mother without my child and I do what I can to cope.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Five Minute Friday-Every Day

Once again I am taking Gypsy Mama's idea and writing for 5 min fri.  You write for just five minutes on the topic and don't censor or correct yourself.  After five minutes post what you have.  =)
Every day.....


(I am aware I'm late and its not Friday)


Every day I wait for more bad news.  Every day I wait to hear that my company is going under, my marriage is getting harder and my medical issues are getting worst.  I wait to hear that my friends and family are having difficulties.  I wait to learn that each day will be more difficult than the last one was.  If I am prepared for this then the hit hurts less and the aftermath easier to take care of.  When I prepare myself for every day I can plan my escape route and my next move.  I know how to save myself and how to help others.  When I prepare myself for what is coming every day I can catch myself off guard with what doesn't.  I can let myself enjoy the unexpected and appreciate it.  Every day I know I will be in pain, so when I am in less pain than yesterday its a nice surprise because I have prepared for the worst.  Each new client, nice gesture from my husband and good news from the Doc is a great new experience for me because I didn't see it coming.  I wouldn't say I am a pessimist, I prefer realist, I just like to be prepared for every thing every day.  I don't like feeling like things are out of control so if I am prepared for the worst scenario I can handle anything that actually happens.  Every day I prepare for battle, for hardship and disaster.  Most days, I am pleasantly surprised that things are better than I prepared for.

No comments:

Post a Comment