A little background info....

I have been dealing with medical issues regarding my reproduction capability for the last three and a half years after a very bad miscarriage situation. As I was working through a difficult period one day I realized that more and more people and characters around me seem to be dealing with similar circumstances. TV shows, movies, neighbors and friends are struggling because they cannot or may not have children. This is a place to express my feelings about my situation and hopefully help someone else express theirs.

I may not know what other mothers know, but I am a mother without my child and I do what I can to cope.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Look out for the bear!

So even less time than yesterday to talk about my questions from before but I am trying my best to get something up as often as possible so I thought I'd go just a little further on some of the questions from yesterday.

Does your private life become more public when you are in bad health?
Are you obliged to reassure others of their fears regarding your health and lifestyle?
At what point are the intimate questions less for me and more for you?

I have always been the kind of person who is overly protective of my friends and family.  I wouldn't say to the point of interfering in their lives or giving unsolicited advice constantly but I would say that I worry too much, think about them too much and generally try to point out every angle of their questions or decision just so they think it through completely and make the best decision for them.  I don't really give advice without being asked unless I'm with very close friends and we know each other well enough to skip the 'do you want my opinion?' question (at least I think that) but I am the first to point out something they have overlooked or maybe not thought of.  I know that personally I like to think things through carefully and consider every avenue so I try to do the same for others.  I can see how it would be very easy for someone to get tired of my questions or concerns so I try to keep them to myself in most cases without being invited into their quest for an answer.  But that is a tough line.  At what point do you say, there is a bear behind you and you haven't noticed it cause you didn't turn around?  The bear isn't charging or snarling but maybe it looks a little hungry and you wouldn't want to see your friend as a snack.  Let the friend see the bear on their own?  Wait until that bear causes some trouble to mention it?  Or point out, hey no worries but there's a bear behind you?


(not really sure why I am thinking about bears.....)

No comments:

Post a Comment