A little background info....

I have been dealing with medical issues regarding my reproduction capability for the last three and a half years after a very bad miscarriage situation. As I was working through a difficult period one day I realized that more and more people and characters around me seem to be dealing with similar circumstances. TV shows, movies, neighbors and friends are struggling because they cannot or may not have children. This is a place to express my feelings about my situation and hopefully help someone else express theirs.

I may not know what other mothers know, but I am a mother without my child and I do what I can to cope.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My friend Gitz?

A wonderful person I sort of know is going through a difficult time.  She has had a long term debilitating medical condition that has kept her from many things in her life.  It has never stopped her from being positive, honest and inspiring though.  She is someone who does not let the things she cannot do get her down.  Her motto Choose Joy is indeed how she lives.  She trusts fully that god has made the right choice for her life and has even found that being isolated in her condo without work or distractions can be a good thing because it lets her be close to god.  She has such incredible faith it is just amazing.  You see, I don't actually know Gitzen Girl in person.  We have never talked on the phone or really even had a direct conversation.  I was introduced to her blog through a friend I do know, Mandy, who showed me a beautiful post with great perspective about not having children and what that brings to her friends that do.  After that post I was hooked.  I found myself reading old posts on my phone while TB drove us home from work.  Her outlook is just so interesting to me, so empowering.  She has the ability to truly 'let go and let god' and although I have heard this for many many years I have yet to see someone fulfill it.  I am surrounded by people this week, when I seem down or start to zone out to think of Gitz and her many many posts that touched me, someone always seems to ask what is wrong.  I find myself saying, 'my friend is dying.'  I feel a little funny saying that considering I do not really know her and have not met.  I also do not want to take away from those who do know her.  But she makes it easy to feel like she is my friend.  She makes it easy to feel like I know her.  She is so open about her life that I feel like we are friends, I have read so many of her words that it feels like a conversation we've had.  Looking at her comments I see all the blog followers, friends and family that have lovely sentiments for her and I know that though she cannot see them she can certainly feel them.  Those that know her are wrapping her in comfort, love and admiration.  I will miss seeing your posts and getting to know you better Gitz.  I will miss you.  I hope that you are no longer in pain and that you can sit with your dad and watch over the ones you love.  You can't know how much your words have inspired me to be more positive and accept the things I have been handed.  My own journey through medical problems, restrictions and procedures has been punctuated with your never ending positive perspective that gives me a different view and sometimes pull me out of my own thoughts.  I am not there yet, I still have a terrible outlook on my recovery, but I am working towards it.  I am trying to get there and you are a large stepping stone.  Thank you for your words, your blog and your life.  Rest peacefully when it is your time and feel no pain.  You will not know how many lives you have touched.

2 comments: