A little background info....

I have been dealing with medical issues regarding my reproduction capability for the last three and a half years after a very bad miscarriage situation. As I was working through a difficult period one day I realized that more and more people and characters around me seem to be dealing with similar circumstances. TV shows, movies, neighbors and friends are struggling because they cannot or may not have children. This is a place to express my feelings about my situation and hopefully help someone else express theirs.

I may not know what other mothers know, but I am a mother without my child and I do what I can to cope.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Five Minute Friday-Rest

Once again I am taking Gypsy Mama's idea and writing for 5 min fri.  You write for just five minutes on the topic and don't censor or correct yourself.  After five minutes post what you have.  =)
I'm catching up on ones I have missed.

Rest.....


Rest is something that plagues my life.  I'm sure most everyone feels like they don't get enough rest.  I certainly do.  When I am truly at rest I feel so relaxed and light, no heavy problems weighing on my brain for that moment.  I am usually curled into the nook of my husband's arm or laying with a snuggly cat purring on me or just laying in my bed by myself thinking how nice it is to have a moment to myself.  I went to Possum Kingdom last weekend and when people ask about it I excitedly tell them I read a book on the dock for almost 2 hours.  I usually get a strange look.  I am most excited to read my book at the lake?  What about the boat or jet ski or fishing or hiking or fun people?  Well yea, all of those things are nice but I spent a nice chunk of time propped up against the post of the dock reading while the wind flapped my pages and KA read silently nearby.  It was just heaven.  That is the kind of rest I think I crave the most.  I can always sleep if I take a pill or get tired enough.  I can always make it through a sleep deprived day when I am filled to the brim with coffee but that kind of rest where nothing is weighing me down, interrupting me or causing me problems is the kind that truly energizes me to my core.  Hopefully my upcoming vacation will provide similar rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment